Jira is a Bug Tracking tool similar to bugzilla.
Since we are using Perforce which is similar to CVS .
We are planning to Integrate Jira with Perforce Plugin to be able to track versions.
Heres what I have done to get this running :
Jira Installation and Perforce Plugin Installation:
1) Check if Java is Installed - ps -ef grep java
2) Export JAVA_Home to where you are Installing Jira
3) Download atlassian-jira-standard-3.6.3-standalone.tar.gz
4) Untar it in /opt/Jira
$tar -zxvf atlassian-jira-standard-3.6.3-standalone.tar.gz
5) By Default Jira runs on 8080 port you can change it to whatver port you want.
For eg. In our case we have changed it to 8090
Change the below two settings in
1) Server Port "8005"
2) Connector Port "8090" <---- Port Jira Connects
6) Now Start Jira
To Stop Jira
7) Now Point your Browser to
8) This will ask you some some questions to complete Jira Installation and a next will add a Jira Administrator.
To Obtain a Evaluation License Key (Below Link)
Perforce Plugin Installation :
Note - Please make sure you have Installed Perforce command line tool before you Install Perforce Plugin for Jira.
You can find the P4 command Line tool from the below link
1) Download atlassian-jira-perforce-plugin-1.1.5.zip
2) Unzip it in /opt/Jira
3) Copy the below files from /opt/Jira/atlassian-jira-perforce-plugin-1.1.5
To - /opt/Jira/atlassian-jira-standard-3.6.3-standalone/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib
4) Edit perforce-jira-plugin.properties from /opt/Jira/atlassian-jira-perforce-plugin-1.1.5
Most of the Information regarding p4port , User, Pass were all Hashed in my case as I did not have the Info.
I had also hashed the Logging Entries.
5) Now copy perforce-jira-plugin.properties
To - /opt/Jira/atlassian-jira-standard-3.6.3-standalone/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes
6) I have not copied any Licence for Plugins as per there Docs.
7) Restart Jira
TO see if plugin is Installed Login to Jira Web based Under Administration section > System > Plugins
It Should have Installed 7 Modules.