1) swinstall - installs software selections from a software source to either
the local host or to one or more target selections.
2) swremove - unconfigure and remove software products that has had software
loaded with software distributor.
3) swlist - display information about software products
The swlist command has a Graphical User Interface invoked by the swlist -i option.
4) swconfig - configure, unconfigure, or reconfigure installed software.
5) swverify - verify software products.
6) swpackage -- Package a software distribution.
7) swacl - view or modify the Access Control Lists (ACLs) which protect
8) swjob - display and monitor job information and create and remove jobs.
The graphical user interface version of this command can be invoked with sd
or swjob -i
9) swcopy - The swcopy command copies software between depots.
Software that is copied into a depot cannot be used directly;
it is placed there only to act as a source for installation and other SD-UX operations.
10) swreg - Register/unregister depots and roots.
11) Updating Kernel in HP-UX 11i :
#/usr/lbin/sysadm/system_prep -s system
This extracts the kernel file from currently running system.
#mk_kernel -s system
Makes new kernel in /stand/build directory called vmunix_test.
DLKM files are produced as /dlkm.vmunix.prev
At this point, the new kernel exists in the /stand/build directory.
It is recommended that you rename the existing kernel
#mv /stand/system /stand/system.prev
Now update the new kernel with :
Kmupdate will automatically create backup copies of
/stand/vmunix and /stand/dlkm
as vmunix.prev and dlkm.prev under /stand
You can shutdown and boot from new kernel.
cd /; shutdown -r 0
Shuts the system so it comes with new kernel.
12) sam - starts the menu driven system Administration Manager.
*) /stand : This contains kernel configuration and binary file that are required to
bring up a system. The important files in this dir is system, cmunix and dlkm files.
*) Default File System used in HP-UX 11i is Journal File System(JFS).