While trying to install Fedora core 8 on my Virtualbox(VM)
It got hanged after installation was done ...
Here's what I did:
1) Boot through Fedora core 8 CD
2) Select rescue installed system.
3) You will be asked to select the language, which defaults to English. Select the appropriate language and press OK to continue.
4)You will be asked to select the keyboard type, which defaults to us (USA). Select the appropriate keyboard type and press OK to continue.
5) do you want to start network interface - NO
6) Now it says, the rescue environment will find linux install and mount it under /mnt/sysimage - Select Continue
7) now it will say: your sytem is mounted under /mnt/sysimage and will reboot
if you exit - OK
8) now you you get a shell prompt
Once at shell prompt, Type :
i) chroot /mnt/sysimage
ii) fsck /dev/sda1 or fsck -p /dev/sda1
Reboot and check ... your system should be up !